Mission 31 is a 501(c)3 mentoring organization with a primary purpose to teach, mentor, and inspire young ladies in grades 6-12 by strengthening their decision-making skills and self-confidence.
Our motto is to Shape girls into women, one life at a time.
SELF WORTH & VALUE
It is our belief that a girl must first learn to value her uniqueness and learn to truly love and respect herself first. Once she knows she is worth far more than rubies, she will be able to carry herself like a diamond.
Every girl must gain humility and pay it forward by helping others who may be less fortunate. In turn, she is helping herself and building character.
Once a young girl is able to respect and love herself (thus understanding her value), she can take that knowledge and apply it to many aspects of her life. She will be able to empower and spread her newfound knowledge to someone else. Therefore, empowering others at the same time.
In our programs, we strive to highlight and educate our mentees on, "The Qualities of a Virtuous Woman" as identified in Proverbs 31 : 10- 31
● She is worth far more than rubies (v.10)
● She sets about her work vigorously (v.17)
● She opens her arms to the poor and extends her hands to the needy (v.20)
● And she is clothed in fine linen and purple (v.22)
● She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come. (v.25)
● She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue. (v. 26)
● Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised. (v. 30)